PLACES TO HIKE
If you are looking for places to hike on your own, consider one of the many Federal, State and Local areas in PATC territory.
Our PATC Hiking Guide to the Mid-Atlantic
has links to areas where we maintain trails, and will connect you with Hikes, Maps and Guidebooks.
Information is included for the following areas:
• Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia & West Virginia
• Catoctin Trail in Maryland
• Tuscarora Trail in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia & West Virginia
• Bull Run-Occoquan Trail in Virginia
• .....many other regional hikes
Enjoy and be safe !!
The Tuscarora Trail
Established in the 1960's as an alternate route for the Appalachian Trail (AT), the Tuscarora Trail is a 250-mile long trail through the Ridge and Valley Appalachians of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. A hiking destination in its own right, the Tuscarora Trail leaves the AT near Mathews Arm Campground in Shenandoah National Park making its way west and north to rejoin the AT atop Blue Mountain, 10 miles south of Duncannon, Pa. Visit the Tuscarora Trail website
for more information.