PATC has cancelled activities in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. PATC headquarters is closed. PATC employees are teleworking when they can. The club has suspended sponsored group activities. Cabins are now closed. The trails are open (but some have become quite busy). The club announced the measures in guidance issued March 16 (as updated).
Details are in the guidance. Highlights are:
- Work trips are suspended.
- Hikes are cancelled.
- The cabins are now closed. See the cabins website
- Headquarters, including the cabins desk, the store, and information desk are closed.
- The online store is also now closed.
- Blackburn and Bears Den are closed. More information
- PATC will not participate in outreach activities.
- Meetings such as Council and ExCom will occur through teleconference or similar means.
Be sure to consult the full guidance for important details.
Meetup Group: The club's Meetup group has been updated to focus on work trips and trail maintenance-related training. This is the place to find a work trip to join. Spend a day in the woods and have the satisfaction of improving the trails. If you are a PATC work crew leader, list your activity here. For more information, contact the club's social media team.
Welcome to the website of the Potomac
Appalachian Trail Club. The PATC has enhanced the mid-Atlantic outdoor
experience since 1927. We maintain trails, shelters, and cabins. We
make maps and guide books. We are volunteers. Join us in the