Be One of US!
Become a member of Trail Patrol and discover the satisfaction that comes from caring for the environment while enjoying the outdoors with others.
Any PATC Member can join the Trail Patrol as long as you are:
- 18 years or older
- In good health
- Willing to learn basic training
- Willing to make regular patrols
- Looking for a fun way to give back to the hiking community
How to Become a Member
The first step is to become a member of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, which can be done at the PATC online store.
- Attend at least one training hike or Meet the Trail Patrol hike
- Attend at least one monthly member meeting
- Complete a Trail Patrol application form
- Complete the above steps for Probationary membership plus:
- To assist probationary members become active members, New member training weekends are offered from time to time. The weekend consists of a full day of training with optional day hikes offered on the second day. The cost is just $10 to cover materials and food. Pre-registration is required. Follow the link to the registration form to find out when the next training weekend is being offered.
For more information, send an email to our Membership Chair or our Training Officer, who will be happy to provide you with more information and invite you to a meeting.