PATC offers numerous recreational opportunities using the 1000+ miles of trails in the parks & forests of the Mid-Atlantic region.
Check out Our Calendar or Current Events for hiking activities sponsored by PATC members as well as other local hiking groups.
PATC HIKING GROUPS
Visit the links below or Our Calendar to find specific activities and contact info
PATC GROUP DESCRIPTION
• PATC Hiking Meetup Group Outdoor Outdoor enthusiasts from all walks of life together; hiking, backpacking, camping, trail maintenance
• Vigorous Hikers Tuesday hikes for any age in good physical condition; avg 16mi & 3000ft climb
• Easy Hikers Wednesday hikes of 3-5 miles in length; see our Calendar for more info
• Midweek Hikers PATC members providing day hiking with multiple options for each hike, i.e. 7 mile or 14 mile
• Family Hikes Hikes with interest as well as duration suitable for familes & children
• Natural History Hikes Led & sponsored by Shenandoah National Park or PATC members
• AT Community: Waynesboro PA 2nd Saturday hikes usually around 4 miles in length
• Special Interest Groups
PATC Special Interest Groups
Other Local Hiking Organizations
Sierra Club Potomac
A special activities section of the Sierra Club Virginia Chapter that organizes hikes and other events for the general public on behalf of the Sierra Club's Washington, DC chapter
Founded in 1934, the Wanderbirds Hiking Club is a non-profit, all-volunteer club that organizes at least 2 day-hikes every Sunday, year-round, for energetic folks in the Washington, DC area. Membership not required to hike.
Capital Hiking Club
Local hiking club with options for all skill levels, 52 weeks a year including destination hiking. Public welcome.
KTA Hiking Federation
Keystone Trails Association is a federation or group of different Pennsylvania hiking clubs & individuals who advocate to protect the trails of PA
Mountain Club of Maryland
The oldest hiking club in Maryland, a Baltimore-based group offering hiking options mid-week & weekends of differing distance & difficulty. Also maintain portions of the Appalachian Trail & other regional trails.