1. To cover the cost to PATC of processing incoming checks and writing and processing refund checks, persons who cancel their participation in a Trail Patrol class after they have submitted their payment will be refunded the cost of the class minus a $20.00 processing fee.
2. Each Trail Patrol class registration form will provide a registrant with advance notice of this refund policy by stating on the form near the amount listed as the fee for the class (or as a footnote that references the fee) “Includes a $20.00 nonrefundable application fee.”
3. When PATC or persons associated with a Trail Patrol class have incurred expenses in advance of a class on behalf of a registrant who cancels their participation and these expenses cannot be recovered or applied to another participant but these expenses where not known in advance, the refund may be the cost of the class minus the $20.00 fee and the cost of the nonrecoverable materials. An example would be class materials such as an instruction manual that was mailed to a registrant prior to the class. If the cost of the manual was $5.00, the chair of that program may choose not to reimburse the $5.00 along with the $20.00 nonreimbursable application fee.
4. When PATC or persons associated with a Trail Patrol class incur costs that are known in advance not to be recoverable, the registration materials will include a notice to the registrant of both the nonrefundable application fee and the nonrefundable materials fee. These class registration forms will state clearly near the amount listed as the fee for the class (or as a footnote that references the fee) “Includes a $20.00 nonrefundable application fee. If the applicant cancels fewer than ____ days prior to the date of the class, refunds will be reduced by an additional $______ to cover the cost of nonrecoverable expenses.”
a. Currently, this situation applies only to the CPR/first aid classes. The current refund policy for CPR/first aid classes will be: “Includes a $20.00 nonrefundable application fee. If the applicant cancels fewer than 14 days prior to the date of the class, refunds will be reduced by an additional $20.00 to cover the cost of nonrecoverable expenses.” Thus, if a person cancels their participation in a CPR or first aid class fewer than 14 days before the first day of the class, PATC will retain $20.00 to cover its processing costs, pay the class instructors $20.00 for their nonrecoverable expenses, and refund the remaining amount.
5. This refund policy applies to Trail Patrol’s backpacking, hike leader training, Leave No Trace, and CPR/first aid classes.
6. When Trail Patrol or PATC cancel a class due to adverse weather or other conditions that are beyond the control of the registrant, the full amount of the fee will be refunded.
7. Whenever possible, a registrant who cancels their participation in a class will be offered the option of transferring to a later class, in which case their payment will be applied to pay the fee of the later class at no additional cost to the registrant.